G. Grandmas Potato Soup.
You possibly can prepare a meal G. Grandmas Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. This is how you’ll want to prepare it.
Ingredients of G. Grandmas Potato Soup
Within the cooking method you take some vital seasonings. If there is something that is certainly overlooked then the effect will never be as per your expectations. To begin with, you’ll be able to get ready some of the spices below.
- Prepare 6 of medium russet potatoes.
- It’s 1 of big yellow onion.
- You need 1 of Ham Steak.
- Prepare 2-3 of eggs (optional).
- Prepare of Milk.
- You require of Lots of salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Lots of flour.
Guidance for G. Grandmas Potato Soup
To receive fantastic success, you should stick to the cooking food instructions by using this G. Grandmas Potato Soup properly
- Here we go. Read the WHOLE recipe and gather your ingredients..
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2” cubes.
- Put in big pot and just cover with water. Cook until partially tender..
- While potatoes are cooking Chop onions and ham steak. And sauté in separate pan until onions are translucent. Set aside..
- When potatoes are semi-done add milk. You add 1/2 as much milk as there is water. It loooooooks like a lot. And it is..
- Add salt and pepper. Lots. Really. You will probably need to add more later too..
- Add cooked onions and ham. Bring to low boil..
- While waiting for it to boil make rivlets aka dumplings. The soup is not the same without them so don’t skip this step..
- Make rivlets by whisking 2 eggs together and then adding flour. So start with 100 grams and then keeping adding flour until the mixture comes together. It’s not too wet or too dry. I know those are awful directions but that’s what we do. As a rule it’s 100 grams of flour per egg but use your best judgement. I don’t really think you can screw them up..
- Once the soup is boiling add rivlets by using the two teaspoon method. Put some dough on a teaspoon and slide it off into the soup with the other teaspoon. Not too big. They should be about the size of a big marble..
- Cook for about ten minutes until the rivlets are cooked through. The soup should start getting thicker now because the rivlets start absorbing the broth..
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. It should have a bit of peppery flavor..
- If you want the soup thicker then thicken with a flour slurry..
- We add cheese and scallions on the top of the bowl when eating..
- Good luck and tell me how it goes. Remember be happy while your cooking and it’ll make your food taste better..
A variation to use with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with some butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide extra crispy, tasty skins that anyone will eat.
One more thing to try if you need to get fancy: once the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of insides, mix having a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap lots of people back into the skins and return to the oven for another 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Meals alone!
Here we are at G. Grandmas Potato Soup, how should you cook with the recipe above? If you’ve not felt the good thing about these results, you can include ones own creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com