Rich potato soup from leftovers. Super easy homemade pork and potato soup recipe is the best way to use leftover pork. Somewhere in this simmer though, the potatoes absorb some of the liquid making the soup less soup-y. At the same time, the starches from the potatoes release back into the stock and make it thick.
I added a handful of mixed frozen veggies and some leftover bacon, crumbled. Whisk leftover mashed potatoes into soup. They add flavor and act as a thickener as well. You may cook dinner Rich potato soup from leftovers using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. This make sure you make meals it.
Ingredients of Rich potato soup from leftovers
While in the cooking course of action an individual might need some vital seasonings. If right now there is one thing that’s overlooked and then the effect will never be in accordance with your current expectations. To commence, you possibly can put together a few of the seasonings below.
- You require 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You require 1 cup of beef broth.
- You must have 2/3 cup of sweet vermouth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sauteed mushrooms.
- You must have 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ea. thyme, marjoram.
- It’s 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 slice of favorite white cheese; muenster.
Cooked meats and vegetables – chop into bite-sized pieces Use wisdom when making soup from leftovers. If your family didn't like it the first time, chances are slim that they will like it better in its new soup form. Try making my 'Really Good Scalloped Potatoes' recipe, then whip up this soup with the leftovers. I love soup and this was a good way to use up leftover scalloped potatoes.
Guidance for Rich potato soup from leftovers
To receive ideal benefits, make sure you stick to the preparing directions by using the subsequent Rich potato soup from leftovers properly
- All of these items can be leftovers! Mix all ingredients except cheese in pan. Bring to slow boil..
- I used leftover broth from a roast that I had saved and used the pan I had cooked steaks in the night before. I deglazed the pan with the broth and vermouth. Then added potatoes and such..
- Once soup is hot and seasoned to your liking, turn off heat, add cheese and slowly stir until cheese is melted. Serve with green salad and a nice bread..
- Enjoy a delish dish from leftovers!.
Looking the recipe over again before I submitted my review I saw where CANUCKLEHEADMOM suggested using "Really. This easy Potato Soup recipe is truly the best! It's quick and easy to make on the stovetop, it's nice and creamy (without using heavy cream), and it's This easy potato soup recipe has been my tried-and-true, back-pocket, all-time-favorite for over a decade now. What do you do when you buy that big bag of potatoes and can't use them all? John bakes them, freezes them and makes this great soup!
A variation to test with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins after a little butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to offer you extra crispy, tasty skins which everybody will eat.
Also a thing to try if you need to get fancy: as soon as the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of insides, mix by using a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap a combination back into the skins and return on the oven for the next 15 minutes prior to the tops are golden brown. A meal byby itself!
Into Rich potato soup from leftovers, just how do you cook with all the recipe above? If you haven’t felt the nice thing about these results, you can your individual creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com