Ham and cheese potato soup. Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, ham, and water/broth in stockpot and bring to boil. Then cook over medium heat until potatoes Stir the cheese mixture into the stockpot and cook until heated through. (I also will break up some of the potatoes for thickness. Place potatoes, onion, and cubed ham in large stockpot.
This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham. It is the perfect recipe to use up your Christmas or Easter ham. We like to use sharp Cheddar cheese for extra flavor. You could cook Ham and cheese potato soup using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. That is the way you’ll want to make it.
Ingredients of Ham and cheese potato soup
Inside the preparing food practice people might need some significant seasonings. If now there can be something that may be overlooked after that the result are not according to your own expectations. To begin, you may prepare a lot of the spices below.
- You must have 6 of peeled and diced russet potatoes.
- You need 1 of diced onion.
- You must have 2 cup of diced cooked ham.
- You need 2 cup of shredded Velveeta.
- You need of salt,pepper, cayenne,celery seed, sage and thyme.
- You must have 1 tbsp of seasoning salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- You must have 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- You must have 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- You must have 1 can of cream of celery.
- You must have 2 of chicken boulion cubes.
You can use regular Cheddar cheese if you wish. Pro tip-use pre-shredded cheese to make the recipe even easier. This thick and chunky potato soup is made with the addition of ham. It's a hearty soup and very quick and easy to prepare and cook.
Guidelines for Ham and cheese potato soup
To get best benefits, make sure you go through food preparation recommendations with this Ham and cheese potato soup accurately
- Salt and boil potatoes for about 10 minutes.
- Sautee the onion and crisp the ham.
- Drain potatoes reserving about 2 cups of the cooking water(I usually add 2 chicken boulion cubes for extra flavor).
- In the stockpot combine butter and flour to make a rue..
- Add milk water and seasonings and bring to boil stirring constantly then reduce to simmer.
- Add in ham n onions the cheese and the cream of celery and mushrooms and mix well.
- Add the cooked potatoes back and season to taste. Let simmer about 30-40 minutes and ENJOY.
The recipe is easily doubled for a crowd or tailgating event. This hearty and delicious soup is full of ham, potatoes, and veggies. The real cheddar cheese inside adds such amazing flavor to this comforting soup! For Thanksgiving, we always like to have ham and turkey. We had a ton of leftover ham and my mom gave me a bunch to take home with me.
An alternative to endeavor with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins after some butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to offer extra crispy, tasty skins that anybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you would like get fancy: in the event the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out the insides, mix that has a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap many people into the skins and return for the oven for an additional pair 15 minutes before tops are golden brown. Supper alone!
Returning to Ham and cheese potato soup, come to a decision cook while using recipe above? If you’ve not felt the beauty of these results, it is possible to your current creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com