Sweet Potato Casserole.
You’re able to cook dinner Sweet Potato Casserole using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. That is the way it is best to cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Casserole
While in the baking approach a person might need some important seasonings. If perhaps at this time there are some things that may be overlooked after that the result will not be as outlined by your own expectations. To begin, you possibly can create many of the spices below.
- You require 4 of large sweet potatoes or 5 medium.
- You require 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 of large eggs, beaten.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You require of Optional Topping :.
- You need of Mini Marshmallows.
- Prepare of or.
- You require of Crunchy Pecan Struesel :.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped pecans.
- You must have 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- You must have 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
Step by step for Sweet Potato Casserole
To acquire perfect outcomes, please follow the preparing guidelines together with the following Sweet Potato Casserole the right way
- Start by roasting the sweet potatoes in a 400°F oven until they are tender. Set them aside until they are cooled enough for you to handle them. Or you could also cook them in the slow cooker. Just wash them, place them in the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until they can be easily pierced with a fork..
- Once the potatoes are cooled a bit, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13" baking pan with foil (for easy cleanup) and grease it. Set it aside..
- Place the sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash well. Then add in the butter, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and beaten eggs. Mix until it's all combined. Pour the sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking pan..
- For the struesel (if using), just combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir it all together until it's all moistened and combined..
- If using the struesel, top with it and bake for 30 minutes. If topping with marshmallows, then bake for the 30 minutes, then place the marshmallows over the top and switch the oven to broil, just until the marshmallows begin to brown. Keep a close eye on them once the broiler is on so as not to burn them..
- To prepare this in advance, prepare everything through step 3, then cover the baking pan with foil and place in the fridge until ready to bake. Take the pan out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you're ready to place it in the oven, to bring it back closer to room temperature, then bake as directed..
An alternative to endeavor with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a little butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to offer you extra crispy, tasty skins that will eat.
One other thing try if you need to get fancy: after the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out your insides, mix by using a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap the mix back into the skins and return to the oven for someone else 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Lunch itself!
Here we are at Sweet Potato Casserole, come to a decision cook making use of the recipe above? If you have not felt the nice thing about these results, you can include your personal creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com