Savory turkey and sweet potato pot pie. Sweet potato is the surprise ingredient in this comforting pot pie. Leftover turkey and gravy inspired this savory pot pie that includes onions, mushrooms, garlic, and frozen vegetables in a. Savory turkey is mixed with a touch of stuffing and a layer of vegetables, all topped with a fluffy and sweet potato mixture.
I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd's Pie Shepherd's pie filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping. savory sweet potato pie Entree Soul Food. Dinner is easy as pie when you top Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust with turkey bacon, green bell pepper, sweet potatoes and the perfect mix of spices. Now, the pot pie has become commonplace and has found a longstanding spot in weekly dinner rotations. You'll be able to create Savory turkey and sweet potato pot pie using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here's how make sure you create it.
Ingredients of Savory turkey and sweet potato pot pie
Inside food preparation course of action people need some critical seasonings. If presently there are some things that may be overlooked in that case the actual result won't be as per a person's expectations. To begin with, you possibly can get ready a number of the spices below.
- You must have of pot pie.
- You must have 5 medium of sweet potatoes,.
- It's 1/4 cup of salted butter.
- You must have 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- You require 5 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 2 lb of lean ground tukey.
- You require 1 1/2 lb of frozen peas and carrot combo.
- You require 8 of pearl onions/ cooked and sliced in half.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You must have 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You require 1 of homemade pie crust.
- It's 1 of beaten egg for egg wash on pie crust.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of rosemary.
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
The savory pie has certainly come a long way since its. Leftover turkey, dressing and sweet potatoes make terrific stuffing for jumbo pasta shells. To me, the definition of "cozy" is a pot of tender beef simmering with sweet potatoes and parsnips. A batch of this soup brings the nostalgic flavors and heartwarming feel.
Guidance of Savory turkey and sweet potato pot pie
To obtain ideal outcomes, be sure to stick to the preparing food information together with the subsequent Savory turkey and sweet potato pot pie accurately
- Roast sweet potatoes for 75-90 minutes until tender in a 400°F oven. This step can be done a day in advance. I like baking them tender for the flavor..
- Peel and mash patotoes with butter and 1/2 of the salt..
- Blend in cream cheese until incorporated. Set aside..
- In large skillet, cook ground turkey until cooked through Add peas and carrots and onions and cook 2 minutes..
- Sprinkle flour over meat and stir for a few minutes to cook flour. Slowly add chicken stock. Keep stirring until slightly thickened. Add in rest of salt , rosemary and worcestershire sauce..
- In 10 ounce ramekins or individual oven proof bowls fill each with meat mixture and top with mashed sweet potatoes..
- Roll out pie crust and cut out shapes and top each ramekin or just cover entire top of each. Brush crust with an egg wash..
- Place ramekins in a roasting pan and cook in preheated 400°F, oven. Bake15 - 20 minutes or until crust turns golden..
- You can place it in same way in a 2 1/2 or 3 quart dish. Just bake 20-25 minutes..
This pot pie is inducement enough to cook a turkey, and makes the days after Thanksgiving as delicious as the feast itself. For the filling, combine the sweet potatoes and oil in a bowl and toss to coat. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork. Gradually stir the broth into the saucepan. Find healthy, delicious savory pie recipes including chicken pot pie, shepherd's pie and turkey pie.
An alternative to attempt with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins after some butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to present you extra crispy, tasty skins that everybody will eat.
Also a thing to try if you want to get fancy: once the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out your insides, mix using a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap lots of people back into the skins and return for the oven for an additional pair 15 minutes prior to the tops are golden brown. An evening meal byby itself!
Back in Savory turkey and sweet potato pot pie, how to cook using the recipe above? If you have not felt the best thing about these results, you can include the creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com