Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa).
You’ll be able to cook food Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. That is the way you’ll want to prepare food it.
Ingredients of Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa)
Within the preparing food approach an individual require some essential seasonings. In the event right now there is a thing that is forgotten after that the effect aren’t going to be as outlined by ones expectations. To commence, it is possible to get ready a number of the seasonings below.
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 lb of potatoes.
- You need 4 oz of Cream cheese.
- It’s of Meat.
- You must have 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You require 3/4 cup of Smoked Cooked Ham, chopped.
- You need 1/2 packages of of Bacon, cut the name small strips.
- It’s 1 small of green pepper.
- It’s 1/2 medium of onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sofrito (the recipe is in my profile).
- You require 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You must have 1 of Salt & Pepper.
- You must have of Topping.
- You require 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You must have 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
Step by step for Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa)
To get ideal effects, be sure to adhere to the baking information with the subsequent Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa) the right way
- Preheat the oven to 400..
- Chop the onion, pepper & cilantro.
- On the stove, Put it on a pan and add the onions, peppers, smoked ham, bacon, cilantro, sofrito, olive oil, and fry for some seconds, until the onion is glossy..
- Add the beef, salt & pepper to the pan and cook..
- Peel the potatoes and cut them in small squares, add plenty salt to the water and boil..
- When the potatoes are done, mash them, add the cream cheese and add 2 tablespoons of the grease from the cooked meat and mix it very well. (You can add more or less grease from the meat.).
- In a greased pan, put one half of the potatoes on the bottom, put a level of meat on top and them add the rest of the potatoes..
- Beat the egg and pour it on top..
- Add the cheeses..
- Put it in the oven until golden..
- Wait it to cool a little, cut and serve!.
A variation to attempt with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a little butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to provide you with extra crispy, tasty skins that will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you would like get fancy: in the event the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out the insides, mix with a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap a combination into the skins and return for the oven for the next 15 minutes up until the tops are golden brown. An evening meal by itself!
Returning to Elisa's Potato Meat Pie (Pastelon de Papa), just how do you cook using the recipe above? If you haven’t felt the beauty of these results, you can your own creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com