Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯. Whats up anybody, at this juncture I will talk about along Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯 meals that can be highly an easy task to make. Authentic recipe for this famous Thai soup: Tom Yum Goong. Recipe from Pailin of Hot Thai Kitchen. Once the soup comes back to a boil, add the shrimp and when the soup just starts to bubble again, turn off the heat.
Choose from the classic clear Tom Yum Goong, or make the creamy Tom Yum version – both are made with the same broth. Simple to make using whole fresh OR peeled frozen prawns / shrimp, this is astonishingly easy to make once. What makes tom yum goong so compelling? You can cook Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯 using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯
- Prepare 2-3 spoons of tom yum paste.
- Prepare 1 pc of Fresh Thai Galangal Ginger.
- Prepare 4 sticks of lemongrass.
- It’s 1-4 of chilli peppers.
- Prepare 1 spoon of fish sauce.
- It’s 8-10 pcs of Lime Leaves.
- You need of Straw Mushrooms preferred or fan mushrooms.
- You need of Fresh Shrimps/Clams/ Mussels/Scallops.
- You need of Cherry Tomatoes Preferred or Tomatoes.
- You need 1 of lime.
- It’s 1 of small can of coconut milk (optional).
- It’s of Coriander (optional).
The fact that it's so easy yet tastes so authentic? Or how they meld to marvie effect in this exquisitely authentic rendering of an oft-replicated, but rarely-true-to-tradition, Thai soup? Pucker up for a perfectly pitched and traditional tang from Thai chef. Tom Yum Goong (ต้มยำกุ้ง) is a Thai soup that's meant to be eaten with a variety of other Thai dishes.
Thai Tom Yum Goong Soup 冬陰功湯 step by step
- Ingredients. Sadly i cant get any cherry tomatoes, coriander and straw mushrooms which i would preferred. Will give another update if i cook it again..
- Clean those shrimp then take out those intestines before cooking and save up those shells and heads for the soup base. I would usually throw in those shrimp heads liquid into the broth also but some might think its disgusting so u can rinse it out if preferred..
- Around 1.5L to 2.5L of water depending how much u want, then boil the water together with the shells and heads for around 10 mins. Scoop out those shells and heads..
- During the processof the broth i would chop up other ingredients. For lazy folks like me i would just cut up those lemongrass vertically 6 cuts. Some would do it diagonally so up to you..
- When broth is ready throw in the mushrooms, lemongrass, chilli and ginger and boil for 10 mins in boosting the flavours out in High Heat. Then add in 1 spoon of Fish Sauce together with the Tom Yum Paste for a min. Taste test which you could taste the salt together with the paste but little bland. Dont be greedy or its gonna be very salty so do taste test while cooking coz the flavours will come out after 2 mins. Add in Coconut Milk if you have to get that creamy texture (i have left this out).
- Add Paste if still bland then add in Lime Leaves for a min then add the shrimp in Mid Heat. Shrimps/Seafood will cook within 1 min so do it at the end..
- After a min Switch Heat off, Squeeze in those Lime juice (DO NOT add Lime Juice while cooking or it will go bitter) throw in tomatoes and Corianders Mix Well. Serve Hot. Done..
- This is another pot i made adding the ingredients like coconut milk and Coriander into the mix.
It's not normally eaten as an individual bowl of soup, the way it would be in Western cultures, but instead it's a communal dish that goes together with other dishes and eaten with rice. Tom Yum Goong has got to be one of my favourite soups ever, probably Thailand's most popular soup export and certainly a top five Thai food internationally. Like so much of Oriental cuisine, the Tom Yum Soup requires very little actual cooking time, ensuring optimum nutrition, especially when made. Tom Yum Goong – a classic spicy lemongrass and shrimp soup recipe from Thailand. Also known as Tom Yum Kung.