Leek in my potato soup. Potato leek soup is simple to make, but first you have to deal with the leeks. They're notoriously sandy and dirty, and very good at hiding it, so be sure to wash them well. Start by cutting off and discarding the root ends and thick dark green parts.
To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs. Jacques says, "Leeks and potatoes are commonly made into creamy vichyssoise. For Parisian potage, the leeks and potatoes are cut into very small pieces, stewed in a little butter for a couple of minutes, and then cooked with chicken stock. You can actually prepare Leek in my potato soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. That is the way you need to cook food it.
Ingredients of Leek in my potato soup
In the preparing food approach anyone require some essential seasonings. If perhaps right now there is one area that’s forgotten about next the effect will not be in accordance with a person’s expectations. To commence, you’ll be able to prepare yourself some of the spices below.
- You need 3 of large leeks, washed.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, pressed or chopped.
- You must have 2 of large baking potatoes.
- Prepare 8 cups of water or chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of basil.
- Prepare 3 slices of bacon (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt (if no bacon).
- You require 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You must have 1 stick of butter (4 tbsp).
This is one of my favorite soups. I serve it sprinkled with grated. Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. It's simple to make, cosy and comforting yet also luxurious and elegant.
Guidance of Leek in my potato soup
To acquire excellent benefits, be sure to keep to the cooking food directions with the next Leek in my potato soup correctly
- Get a big pot.. this makes a lot and feel free to cut this in half, works well.wash, peel and slice the potatoes..
- If you opt for bacon (which adds and amazing flavor) cook it now… crispy but not burnt.
- Slice the leeks and onions first, and your garlic.. (use the green part of the leeks… adds colour to the soup)melt the butter in the pot on high heat stirring well then add the leeks and onions until they look soft. Add garlic and let cook for a few minutes.. stir making sure nothing burns or sticks.
- Toss in the broth or water, potatoes, basil or salt if no bacon..
- Boil and bring to a simmer for 45 mins or until the potatoes are soft..
- Use an immersion blender or transfer mixture to a stand blender until smooth.
- Return entire mixture to pot and add milk.. summer for a few minutes until it looks nice and mixed…
- Please enjoy.. this was taken from 100 year old Scottish cook book my family has passed down to me. Serve with a hearty bread.
I love how this Leek Soup can be Couch Food OR an. Whip up this simple soup as a starter for a dinner party or a light supper when you need a bit of comfort – it has a beautiful silky texture. POTATO LEEK SOUP (NO BUTTER NO CREAM) There is nothing more comforting than a bowl of warm healthy soups in winter. Leeks, potatoes, chicken broth and a little milk or cream is really all you need and that's what you get here. Still, I wanted a more pronounced leek flavor so I doubled up on that.
An alternative to try with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a bit of butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to give you extra crispy, tasty skins that everybody will eat.
One other thing try if you need to get fancy: once the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of the insides, mix that has a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap lots of people into the skins and return to your oven for an additional 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Lunch by itself!
Time for Leek in my potato soup, come to a decision cook when using the recipe above? If you haven’t felt the beauty of these results, you’ll be able to ones own creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com