Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other…you choose!.
It is easy to cook Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other…you choose! using 16 recipe and 11 steps. This you need to create it.
Ingredients of Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other…you choose!
In the cooking food practice anyone take some vital seasonings. In the event that presently there can be something that may be neglected subsequently the result will not be as outlined by your current expectations. To start out, you can get ready a few of the spices below.
- You require of Base.
- You must have 2 tbsp of extra light olive oil.
- You must have 1 1/2 lb of extra lean ground beef, lamb, turkey, or veggie base (Mince)..
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of hamburger seasoning or other dry seasoning (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of thyme*.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of basil*.
- You must have 1/2 tsp of oregano*.
- You need 3 tbsp of Pickapeppa sauce (optional for spicy flavour, but the secret ingredient!) can use Worcestershire as a substitute.
- You need 1/4 cup of Prepared Bisto (gravy) more or less to preferred.
- Prepare 1/4 of finely chopped onion (optional).
- Prepare of Topping.
- You must have 3 of large baking potatoes.
- You require 1/3 cup of milk.
- You require 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (taco, sharp or aged cheddar, or other preference).
Guidance for Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other…you choose!
To receive fantastic effects, be sure to continue with the preparing recommendations by using the following Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other…you choose! accurately
- *Substitute herbs for an italian blend if desired. Adjust all ingredients to taste..
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut potatoes into large 1-2", evenly sized chunks. Place in a pot with cold water to cover, bring to a boil, add a bit of salt if desired. Reduce heat to med/ med-high and do not cover..
- Heat skillet, then add olive oil. Once oil is heated and not yet smoking, add crushed garlic (and onion) saute briefly, then add mince..
- Before mince browns, add hamburger seasoning, basil, oregano, thyme, and Pickapeppa..
- Remove excess pan drippings. Prepare Bisto gravy with pan drippings (or water) and add to mince, stir well. Turn off heat..
- Check if potatoes are cooked by piercing with a fork. If they slide off easily they are done. Turn off heat. Drain water from potatoes. Place potatoes in the pot back on the burner with the pot lid cracked, for about 5 minutes. This dries out the potatoes so they are fluffy..
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Add milk and butter. Use a wisk and beat into a creamy consistency..
- Transfer mince to a casserole dish. (Optional step: add a layer of corn on top of the mince for a triple decker pie!!).
- Top with mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 10-20 min to melt cheese, finish off on broil to brown cheese if desired..
- Serve with warmed canned corn or other veggies on the side..
A variation to utilise with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins after a little butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide you with extra crispy, tasty skins that everyone will eat.
Another thing to try if you would like get fancy: as soon as the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop the insides, mix using a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap a combination back into the skins and return to your oven for an additional pair 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Meals byby itself!
Time for Mashed Potato Pie. Shepherd's, Cottage, other…you choose!, how does one cook while using recipe above? If you’ve not felt the nice thing about these results, it’s fine to use the creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com