Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC.
You are able to make Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. This you’ll want to prepare it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
Inside baking procedure you actually take some significant seasonings. In case there is one area that is overlooked subsequently the result aren’t going to be prior to a person’s expectations. To start with, it is possible to prepare a lot of the spices below.
- It’s 2 1/2 lb of sweet potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2in. pieces.
- You need 1/4 cup of 1% milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You require 1 tsp of salt.
- You must have 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 2 medium of carrots (finely diced).
- Prepare 2 of ribs celery (finely diced).
- You require 1 small of onion (finely diced).
- You require 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You must have 2 cup of reduced sodium beef broth.
- It’s 1 packages of frozen peas (10oz.).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
Guidance for Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC
To get ideal effects, be sure to stick to the baking guidance along with the next Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC appropriately
- got this out of family circle magazine.. I'm just preserving the recipe here and cutting down the amount of magazines I have. I have not made this yet but saving here for future use. pictures are a snapshot I took from magazine…
- preheat oven to 375…
- in a large lidded pot add potatoes and cover with 1inch of cold water. bring to boil. reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered for 10minutes or until fork tender. drain and return potatoes to pot..
- to potatoes.. add milk and 2tbl. of the butter, 1/2 tsp of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. of the pepper. mash until smooth, cover and set aside..
- meanwhile, add remaining butter to a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. add ground beef by crumbling into pan. add carrots, celery and onion. cook for 15 minutes until veggies r soft and beef is no longer pink..
- stir in flour and cook an additional minute. stir in tomato paste, beef broth, and peas. bring to a simmer then cook 3 more minutes. liquid should be starting to thicken and peas should be thawed..
- stir in thyme, rosemary and remaining salt and pepper..
- transfer meat veggie mix to a 13x9x2 baking dish. spread sweet potato mix evenly over beef mix. leave a 1inch border around the edges..
- bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbling..
- NUTRITIONAL INFO BASED ON family circle MAGAZINE: per serving: 429 calories; 12g. fat; 6g. sat.fat; 32g. protein; 48g. carbs; 8g. fiber; 701mg. sodium; 86mg. cholesterol.
A variation to test with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins if we do butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to offer extra crispy, tasty skins that anybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you wish to get fancy: after the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out your insides, mix using a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap many people back into the skins and return on the oven for the next 15 minutes before the tops are golden brown. A meal by itself!
Returning to Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie FC, come to a decision cook aided by the recipe above? If you haven’t felt factor about these results, you can include your own creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com