Ladybirds Little Potato Pies ..
It is easy to cook dinner Ladybirds Little Potato Pies . using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you should cook it.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Little Potato Pies .
Inside the preparing approach you actually require some important seasonings. In the event that presently there is a thing that is overlooked then the end result won’t be as per your own expectations. To begin with, you’ll be able to get ready several of the seasonings below.
- You require 2 cup of plainflour.
- You need 150 grams of butter – cubed.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You must have 1 tbsp of cold water.
- You must have 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You require 1 medium of onion – diced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic – crushed.
- You require 500 grams of beef mince.
- You require 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- It’s 1 cup of beef stock.
- You require 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You must have 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 4 large of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You require 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
Step by step of Ladybirds Little Potato Pies .
To acquire ideal effects, you need to continue with the cooking recommendations using the examples below Ladybirds Little Potato Pies . correctly
- TO MAKE THE PASTRY : sift flour and salt into a bowl and add the cubed butter and rub butter into the flour using your fingertips until mixture resembles breadcrumbs then make a well in the center of the flour mix and add the egg yolk and water to the flour well , mixing with a round bladed knife to form a manageable dough , which leaves the sides of the bowl clean and all is combined together now knead together until a smooth dough , wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed ..
- PREPARING THE POTATOES : Wash , peel and cut the potatoes and place them in a pot of boiling water and boil for about 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through , soft and tender , remove from heat and drain well , place drained potatoes into a bowl and mash them up well with the butter , once mashed well add the cream and whisk the cream through till smooth and creamy , set aside to cool ..
- PREPARING THE FILLING : Heat the olive oil in a large frypan and add the onions and cook for 5 minutes until soft now add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes , now add the mince , breaking the mince up , and cook over medium heat until mince is cooked through and browned , breaking up any lumps whilst cooking , next sprinkle the flour over the meat and stir through to combine , then add the beef stock , tomato paste , worcestershire sauce , salt and cracked black pepper to the pan and mix through well for a couple of minutes to combine all well , now bring to the boil then reduce heat slightly to simmer and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until mixture has reduced and thickened , then take off the heat and set aside to cool whilst you prepare pastry cases ..
- PREPARING THE PASTRY CASES : Brush patty tins / muffin tins lightly with oil or melted butter . Place chilled prepared pastry dough into a lightly floured surface and roll the pastry out very thinly . Using a glass as a guide , cut out 18 circles from the rolled out pastry . Place one pastry circle per patty tin hole , pressing in lightly to fit patty tin hole . once tins are full place them in a preheated oven at 200°C / 400°F and blind bake pastry cases lined with baking paper full of bean or rice to stop the inside of the pastry from rising and cake for 7 minutes then remove the paper and beans/rice and cook for a further 5 minutes , remove from heat and place on cooling rack to cool completely ..
- BUILDING THE POTATO PIES : Place the pastry cases on a baking paper lined baking tray and place spoonfuls of the prepared mince mixture into the individual pie cases till it reaches when top . now take a spoonful or two of the potato mixture and spread it over top of the meat filled pastry cases , you can rough up the potato surface with a fork if desired or you can pipe the mashed potato mix onto the meat filled pastry cases in a decorative way or as i did just smooth the surface over top and bring to a little peak ..
- THE COOKING PROCESS : Place prepared potato pies into the preheated oven at 200°C /400°F for 7 minutes , till potato tops harden a little , now add a little of the grated cheese to the top of each individual pie top and continue to cook for a further 7-10 minutes or until cheese has melted and is lightly golden , remove from the oven and place on serving plate , serve hot . enjoy . 🙂 ..
An alternative to use with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a little butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to offer you extra crispy, tasty skins that anyone will eat.
One more thing to try if you would like get fancy: if the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of the insides, mix which has a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap lots of people back into the skins and return to the oven for someone else 15 minutes before the tops are golden brown. Dinner alone!
Returning to Ladybirds Little Potato Pies ., find out how to cook utilizing the recipe above? If you haven’t felt the beauty of these results, you’ll be able to your very own creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com