Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker. Stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, thyme, butter and bacon until well combined. Cover and cook on low heat for Tried someone else's recipe for a loaded baked potato soup and it DID NOT turn out how I expected lol. Add the potatoes, onions, chicken broth, salt and pepper to the slow cooker.
The first step in this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe is probably the most time consuming — chopping up a storm. Chop up lots of potatoes (I strongly recommend Yukon golds), a big onion. This loaded baked potato soup recipe is perfect for an easy dinner meal. You can actually prepare food Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker using 12 recipe and 5 steps. This it is best to cook dinner it.
Ingredients of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
In the food preparation approach an individual might need some important seasonings. In case generally there is one thing that may be overlooked then the results are not prior to a person’s expectations. To begin with, you can make several of the spices below.
- You need 8 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 2 lb. of russet or yukon gold potatoes.
- You require 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- You must have 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of herbs de provence (or poultry seasoning works).
- You require 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You require 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (plus additional for topping).
- You require 1 tsp. of dried chives.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
Simply add the ingredients in the slow cooker and let the slow cooker cook throughout the day. If you like loading your baked potatoes will all those delish dairy ingredients, then you'll love this soup recipe, too! I put a twist on one of my favorite comfort foods that my grandmother used to make. This slow cooker potato soup has the same ingredients as loaded baked potatoes–russet potatoes, bacon, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions–but is delivered Thick, creamy potato soup with cheese, bacon, and sour cream.
Instructions of Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker
To obtain excellent effects, you need to keep to the preparing food instructions with these Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker properly
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes, until browned and crispy (Or you can bake in the oven @ 400°F for about 12-15 minutes). Then remove the bacon with some tongs onto a towel lined plate and set it aside. Once it's cooled, roughly chop it..
- Peel and roughly chop the potatoes. Place them into a greased slow cooker along with half of the drained bacon (save the rest for topping the finished soup with), broth, onion, garlic, thyme and herbs. Give it all a good stir, then place the lid on and cook on low heat for 6-7 hours, until the potatoes are tender..
- Once tender, use a masher to just roughly mash some of the potatoes, until it reaches your desired consistency. Then stir in the sour cream, heavy cream, dried chives and the 1 cup cheddar cheese. Season it to taste with salt and pepper..
- Place the lid back on for an additional 15-20 minutes, until everything is heated through..
- Serve immediately, topped with the reserved bacon bits and additional cheddar cheese, along with some freshly chopped chives, if you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
The way momma always made it but slow cooker style! This loaded potato soup is made entirely in the slow cooker and tastes just like a loaded baked potato, yet is lightened up so you can have a guilt-free bowl! Crockpot Potato Soup is a Healthy Potato Soup we simply love. This Recipe for Potato Soup makes things easy by using a slow cooker! This comforting, creamy, slow cooker loaded potato soup is perfect on those chilly winter nights.
An alternative to test with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins if we do butter, then season with salt and pepper before baking to offer you extra crispy, tasty skins that everybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try in order to get fancy: when the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of insides, mix having a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap the mix into the skins and return towards the oven for an additional pair 15 minutes before tops are golden brown. Dinner alone!
Here we are at Loaded Potato Soup – Slow Cooker, come to a decision cook making use of the recipe above? If you haven’t felt the good thing about these results, you are able to your special creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com