Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup. Kale sautéed with Italian sausage, onions, garlic and white beans. Though kale probably originated in the dry heat of the Mediterranean, it became a fixture in the But having spent five winters in Provincetown, Mass., where the Portuguese eat their kale with sausage. This sausage and kale soup recipe puts the essence of Italy right in your bowl.
My mom dehydrates the last pick of tomatoes from her garden each fall—perfect for quick soups like this one. When I have time to prepare dried beans, I do—but don't. This soup is packed with nutrition from all the kale and protein packed cannellini beans (and the remaining veggies of course), then I love the depth of flavor the sausage adds. You could create Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. This you’ll want to prepare food it.
Ingredients of Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
Inside the cooking food method anyone take some critical seasonings. In the event there is something that is ignored after that the result are not according to ones expectations. To begin with, you can prepare many of the seasonings below.
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large stem celery, chopped.
- It’s 3 of medium carrots, cut into 1/4" thick discs (or however you like to chop carrots for soup).
- You require 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- You must have 1/2 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of kale, washed well, stems removed, and rough chopped.
- You must have of optional: 4 cups arugula or spinach (I just happened to have arugula that needed to get used up).
- Prepare 6 cups of unsalted liquid (water or broth of choice).
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of salt.
- You require 1 pound of sausage, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes, chopped or one 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I just happened to have fresh ones that were starting to get wrinkly…).
- You require 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes.
Sausage White Bean & Kale Soup. And honestly, you won't miss the noodles. Make this simple Kale & White Bean Soup instead. This super fast Sausage and Kale Skillet is a flavorful and hearty weeknight dinner.
Step by step for Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
To receive ideal final results, make sure you stick to the food preparation instructions with the following Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup appropriately
- In a 4 to 5 quart pot, bring 1/2 Tablespoon oil up to medium heat and sweat onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until onions start to turn translucent. (About 3 minutes or so.).
- Add kale, arugula, liquid, salt, and cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Once kale has wilted, add tomatoes, sausage, bay, and oregano and cook, COVERED, for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add mashed potatoes and cook COVERED again for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Before the last 10 minutes of cooking, adjust seasoning if needed..
- Enjoy! :).
While the sausage is cooking, remove the woody stems from the kale, then slice it crosswise into thin strips. THIS Smoked Sausage Kale and Potato Soup is everything! Can you make this Kale Potato And Sausage Soup (aka Zuppa Toscana) dairy free? Another potato substitute could be cauliflower florets. Kale Potato and Sausage soup in a slow cooker and instant pot The kale was delicious in the soup.
An alternative to endeavor with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a little butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to present you extra crispy, tasty skins that anyone will eat.
One other thing to try if you need to get fancy: as soon as the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out of the insides, mix that has a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap lots of people into the skins and return to your oven for an additional 15 minutes up until the tops are golden brown. Supper byby itself!
Here we are at Kale, Sausage & Leftover Mashed Potato Soup, come to a decision cook with the recipe above? If you haven’t felt the nice thing about these results, contain your personal creations to suit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com