Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes. Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. As a child, shepherd's pie was one of my favorites.
Shepherd's pie has endless variations – this tempting version uses Veggie Ground Round and is topped with sweet potato mash. Drain well and return to pot. Add margarine and half of the fresh ground pepper and mash until. You’re able to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. That is the way it is advisable to make it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes
Within the preparing practice people might need some significant seasonings. If generally there is one area which is ignored after that the outcome won’t be as outlined by the expectations. To commence, you are able to make a number of the spices below.
- You must have of Vegetables.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of celery.
- You need 1 cup of fennel.
- Prepare 1 medium of tomato.
- It’s 1 small of zucchini.
- You need 1 packages of mushrooms.
- Prepare of Meat.
- You must have 1 lb of ground beef.
- You must have 1/2 lb of sausage.
- Prepare 6 1/2 oz of can tomato paste.
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 2 medium of sweet potatoes, mashed.
Shepherd's pie filled with ground turkey sautéed with mixed vegetables, sliced mushrooms and fresh herbs with a savory garlic sweet potato topping. A satisfying sweet potato recipe that's comfort food without the guilt! Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and fill with water until they're just covered. Bring to a boil over high heat.
Instructions of Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes
To receive perfect outcomes, make sure you follow the preparing food guidelines having the subsequent Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes accurately
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave with one quarter cup of water until done.
- Brown 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound sausage, 1 cup of fennel, 1 1/2 cup of celery, and 1 medium onion.
- Season the meat mixture to taste.
- Blend the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Cut up remaining vegetables including a summer squash 1 medium tomato and mushrooms.
- Once the meat mixture is cooked to add the vegetables plus one 6 ounce can tomato paste to it.
- Cover until heated through then transfer to a cake pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes then use the broiler to brown the top.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes so the goodness congeals together.
I have made the Vegan Shepherd's Pie at home several times, and I think you are magician with your killer recipes! Because of your brilliant food combining, my vegetarian almost. Made with grassfed ground beef and veggies, it's a hearty, affordable and healthy dinner staple. Shepherd's pie gets a flavorful twist with whipped sweet potatoes scented with maple and orange zest. Comfort food you can feel good about eating.
A variation to utilise with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with a little butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to provide extra crispy, tasty skins which everybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you wish to get fancy: if the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out your insides, mix having a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap the mix into the skins and return towards the oven for an additional 15 minutes prior to the tops are golden brown. Meals alone!
Back in Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes, how will you cook making use of the recipe above? If you have not felt the good thing about these results, you can add the creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com