Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie. Hearty, comfort food at its finest. Shepherd’s Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. As a child, shepherd’s pie was one of my favorites.
Shepherd’s pie has endless variations – this tempting version uses Veggie Ground Round and is topped with sweet potato mash. Drain well and return to pot. This sweet potato shepherd’s pie was inspired from my classic Lightened Up Shepherd’s Pie. You could prepare Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie using 18 recipe and 9 steps. This is how you have to create it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
Inside the cooking course of action you actually might need some essential seasonings. In the event generally there are some things that is definitely ignored then the actual result won’t be in accordance with your own expectations. To begin, you possibly can put together some of the spices below.
- Prepare of Potato Topping.
- You need 1 of Peeled Russet Potato.
- You require 1 of Peeled Sweet Potato.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sour Cream.
- You require 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 2 pinch of Dried Tarragon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- You must have of Filling.
- It’s 4 large of Celery Stocks.
- Prepare 3 large of Basil Leaves.
- Prepare 5 large of Pineapple Sage Leaves.
- It’s 10 oz of 80/20 Ground Beef.
- You require 1 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- You require 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 dash of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper.
I also have a meatless version, Portobello Shepherd’s Pie (vegetarian). This is a crazy month for the North East. First we got slammed with a hurricane, and yesterday a Nor’easter. This Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie recipe is healthy, easy to make, and so scrumptious.
Instructions for Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
To receive great success, make sure you adhere to the preparing information using this Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie accurately
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Slice russet and sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Add to a saucepan and fill with water until covered. Simmer over medium-high heat for roughly 20 minutes, or until potatoes are soft enough for mashing..
- Meanwhile, for the filling, slice celery stalks lengthwise in half, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces..
- Chiffonade pineapple sage and basil leaves into thin ribbons. NOTE: If you can’t find pineapple sage, use regular sage leaves and add some orange zest. It should be close..
- Add a tablespoon of butter to a medium skillet and melt over medium-low heat. Add celery, pineapple sage, basil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and a dash of black pepper. Saute on medium-low for 10 minutes, or until celery had just lost its crispness..
- Set aside cooked celery in a medium-sized bowl. To the same skillet celery was cooked in, add ground beef, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, a dash of black pepper, and the crushed red pepper. Increase heat to medium and cook 7 minutes or until cooked through..
- While the beef is cooking, strain the cooked potatoes and return to saucepan. With a mixer or by hand, mash the potatoes with the butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, tarragon, and smoked paprika..
- Transfer cooked beef to bowl with celery and mix together. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a small baking dish. Then, spread the mashed potatoes on top to cover completely..
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
The perfect fall recipe and the ultimate comfort food that can be on your dinner table in no time. Shepherd’s pie gets a vegan makeover. With its rich, mushroom-studded filling tucked under a layer of soft mashed sweet potato, it has all the hallmarks of a good shepherd’s pie, but it’s completely vegan — and includes a secret ingredient that adds body and creaminess to the filling, without any. Louisiana Style: Collard greens, sweet potatoes, and Cajun spices give this casserole a Southern slant. Shepherd’s pie gets a flavorful twist with whipped sweet potatoes scented with maple and orange zest.
An alternative to attempt with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins if we do butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to offer extra crispy, tasty skins that everyone will eat.
Another thing to try in order to get fancy: if the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out the insides, mix having a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap the mix back into the skins and return towards the oven for another 15 minutes up until the tops are golden brown. Dinner alone!
Time for Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie, tips on how to cook while using the recipe above? If you’ve not felt the best thing about these results, you can your own creations to match your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com