Tom Yum Goong. Hiya every body, at this juncture I’m going to have in hand Tom Yum Goong tasty recipes which are fairly simple to make.
You can have Tom Yum Goong using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tom Yum Goong
- Prepare 1 lb of head on shrimp.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- You need 2 stalks of lemongrass.
- Prepare 10 slices of galangal (white ginger).
- It’s 6 of large kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Thai chili in oil sauce.
- You need 2-4 of birds eye chilis to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 1/2 lb of straw mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of limes.
Tom Yum Goong instructions
- Shell and devein shrimp. Saute the shells and heads in a large pot for 10 minutes.
- Deglaze pot with 4 cups of water and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove shells and shrimp heads..
- Slice lemongrass and pound with the side of a knife. Roughly tear kaffir lime leaves. Add galangal, lemongrass, and leaves to the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Crush chilis and add to soup. Remove seeds if less spiciness is desired.
- Add mushrooms and simmer until cooked..
- Add chili paste and fish sauce. Stir to combine, then add shrimp. Only cook for about 30 seconds..
- Squeeze lime juice into cooling soup. Serve by itself, or over rice or noodles..