Ayam Goreng Serundeng (Fried Chicken w/ crispy coconut flakes). Hello all people, at this juncture I will discuss on hand Ayam Goreng Serundeng (Fried Chicken w/ crispy coconut flakes) meals that happens to be fairly straightforward to make.
You can cook Ayam Goreng Serundeng (Fried Chicken w/ crispy coconut flakes) using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ayam Goreng Serundeng (Fried Chicken w/ crispy coconut flakes)
- It’s 1 kg of chicken (i was used chicken wings).
- You need 7 cloves of shallots.
- Prepare 7 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 3 pcs of candlenut (put on the frying pan without oil awhile until a bit burnt on the outer side to enhance the taste and aroma).
- Prepare 1 tbs of corriander seed.
- It’s 200 gr of desiccated coconut.
- You need 1,5 tbs of salt.
- It’s 4 pcs of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 1 stalk of lemongrass.
- It’s 1 tsp of galangal powder (you can replace with fresh galangal).
- You need of Oil to fry.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Ayam Goreng Serundeng (Fried Chicken w/ crispy coconut flakes) instructions
- Put shallot, garlic, coriander seed and candlenut with a bit of oil on food processor (or you can do on mortar&pestle as well)..
- After that put on frying pan, sautéed until you can smell the fragrance. Dont forget put kaffir lime leaves and lemon grass. Then put the chicken, stir until half cooked and put some water. Cook until the flesh not raw anymore. Put the salt (i didnt put sugar cause i want just a bit salty but if you want to give some it’s ok). After the chicken cooked, put the desiccated coconut and stirred again until well-covered and the water dried. Then set aside..
- Put one cup oil in other pan (i was used canola, but you can use whatever oil you like) and put medium heat. Then started to fry the chicken one by one until the colour golden brown. Set aside. Last step, put all the dessicated coconut to oil and fried until golden and crispy. Then use large sieve if any to separate the excess oil and fried coconut flakes. Put the fried flakes on top of chicken. It best to eat the ayam serundeng with chilli sambal and some veggies..