Southern sweet potato pie. This Mississippi sweet potato pie is very popular in the South. It's a particular favorite at our house because we always have plenty of sweet potatoes in our garden. Try it with a dollop of whipped cream. —Bonnie Holcomb, Fulton, Mississippi.
Serve it warm or cold with a dollop of whipped cream. This is a very unique sweet potato pie recipe, given to me by my mother. It's quite sweet, with a lighter texture than your typical sweet potato pie. You could create Southern sweet potato pie using 10 recipe and 6 steps. This is one way it is best to cook it.
Ingredients of Southern sweet potato pie
While in the cooking food practice you might need some critical seasonings. If perhaps at this time there can be something that’s lost subsequently the effect is definately not relative to your current expectations. To start with, you possibly can prepare many of the spices below.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of sweet potato.
- You must have 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- You must have 2 of eggs.
- You require 1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- You require 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You require 1/3 cup of softened butter.
- You must have 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of frozen deep dish pie crust.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of evaporated milk.
Southern Sweet Potato Pie, Soul Food Style made completely from scratch! For my sweet potatoes, I use yams, which in the USA, are still sweet potatoes, but they have orange flesh. I think using yams makes a prettier sweet potato pie, because of the color. This Southern Sweet Potato Pie is an heirloom recipe loved for generations!
Step by step for Southern sweet potato pie
To have best benefits, make sure you stick to the food preparation instructions by using the examples below Southern sweet potato pie accurately
- Boil sweet potato until fork goes through the center cool and peel.
- Mash sweet potato using mixer and add all ingredients except eggs and flour.
- Taste to see if it's sweet enough then add your flour and eggs blend on high for two minutes.
- Pour in to pie crust just below the rim.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes until fork comes out ALMOST clean.
- Let it cool off then enjoy.
A delicious Southern favorite made with simple ingredients and perfect for Thanksgiving! Ingredients for Sweet Potato Pie: Sweet Potatoes – cooked. Making a southern sweet potato pie is not a difficult as it might seem. There are two essential ingredients to make a wonderful sweet potato pie To make a Black Folks Sweet Potato Pie recipe, it starts with the pie filling. The key ingredients are the following: Sweet Potatoes (You can either boil.
An alternative to utilise with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins if we do butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to offer you extra crispy, tasty skins that anybody will eat.
Yet another thing to try if you would like get fancy: after the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out the insides, mix having a beaten egg, grated cheese, pepper and salt, heap the mixture into the skins and return to the oven for someone else 15 minutes prior to the tops are golden brown. Lunch inside of it!
Back to Southern sweet potato pie, how can you cook with the recipe above? If you have not felt the beauty of these results, you’ll be able to your personal creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com