Sweet Potato Pie.
You are able to make Sweet Potato Pie using 17 recipe and 11 steps. That is the way you ought to prepare dinner it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie
Within the baking procedure you might need some critical seasonings. In case there is one area that is forgotten in that case the end result are not prior to a person’s expectations. To start out, you are able to get ready some of the spices below.
- It’s of pie filling.
- You need 6 of medium sweet potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You require 4 of eggs.
- You require 1/2 of squeezed lemon.
- You must have 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You require 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You require 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You must have of whipped topping.
- You require 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- You require 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need of pie crust.
- It’s 1 box of store bought pie crust.
Instructions for Sweet Potato Pie
For getting best outcomes, make sure you continue with the cooking recommendations using the following Sweet Potato Pie appropriately
- Peel and rough chop 5-6 medium to large sweet potatoes..
- Boil in water with a pinch of salt for 30 minutes or until fork tender..
- Drain sweet potatoes and allow to dry for a few minutes..
- In your preferred mixing bowl, add sweet potatoes, brown sugar, flour, eggs, butter, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, evaporated milk, squeezed lemon, vanilla extract..
- Mix until blended but still with some texture. The texture from the sweet potatoes should be visually lumpy. This will add texture to the pie..
- Spread your pie crusts in a greased pie pan. I used my #8 cast iron pans..
- Spread foil over the pie in the pie pan, and bake for 20 minutes at 400°F..
- After the crust had baked, remove the foil and briefly allow to cool..
- Pour in your pie mixture, and bake at 350 for 30 minutes..
- Whip the whipping cream and powdered sugar..
- Slice and top with cool whip.
A variation to test with smaller potatoes: after washing, drying and scoring the potatoes, rub the skins with some butter, then season with pepper and salt before baking to give you extra crispy, tasty skins that anybody will eat.
One other thing try if you’d like to get fancy: after the potatoes are cooked, halve them, scoop out your insides, mix having a beaten egg, grated cheese, salt and pepper, heap the amalgamation back into the skins and return towards the oven for an additional pair 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Supper alone!
Back in Sweet Potato Pie, how should you cook with all the recipe above? If you’ve not felt the beauty with these results, it’s fine to use your special creations to fit your taste.
Source : Cookpad.com